Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year, New Outlook

We are here at the start of 2012, like many people this has led me to lots of reflection on the past year. In general 2011 was hard for me as I learnt much to my dismay that my 2 year old girl also has arthritis as well as me. At first as you can imagine, this was heartbreaking as well as worrying of what the future may hold for her and for us as a family unit. As the year went on there was one person who coped with this better than me and my partner, that was my daughter. She has been so brave dealing with the pain and lots of hospital appointments. I know first hand how frustrating living with arthritis can be, so how a two year old must feel must be horrible. Out of everything to have happened this year my biggest inspiration has been my daughter and the way she has taken arthritis in her stride.

One of my resolutions for this new year is to raise peoples awareness to all forms of arthritis including juvenile arthritis.

No comments: